Root canals involve removing the damaged nerves of a tooth. When the inside of a tooth (the pulp) becomes infected, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Swelling of the area.
- Painful toothache.
- Pain when biting down.
- Sensitivity to temperature.
Infection occurs when bacteria leaks through a crack into a tooth.If you are suffering from the symptoms above, you can discuss your concerns with Dr. Lambertus. She will ask you for more details about these symptoms and take a look at the affected area.
Dr. Lambertus will examine your teeth for common signs of tooth infection. She can use additional testing methods to investigate the problem and come up with a thorough diagnosis. If your dentist determines that you need a root canal, don’t worry! You can stay calm because we promise to exceed your root canal expectations.
We make sure that root canals are comfortable and relatively simple. We have the tools and technology that will help you relax throughout the procedure and enjoy your time with us.
Root Canal Procedure
We want our patients to know what to expect during their root canal. Feel free to ask any questions or make special requests when you are in the office with us.
- Your trusted dentist will administer a local anesthetic to numb the area.
- Dr. Lambertus will separate the affected tooth from the rest of the mouth with a dental dam.
- She will make a small opening in the crown of the tooth.
- Your doctor will gently remove the infected pulp through the small opening.
- She will clean out the area and seal it with a rubbery material.
- Dr. Lambertus will restore the tooth with a crown or traditional filling.
Once your root canal treatment is complete, you can take it easy for a few days. After you heal, you will be able to enjoy a healthy, sensitivity-free smile!
Get Help From Your Trusted Dentist!
Don’t put off any necessary procedures. We will work hard to give you a great experience every time you come in for dental work. Call us today at Frontier Village Dental to schedule your appointment!